Taco Papi, No Sco

The Valley of the Sun, and all that is tasty therein
derg

Taco Papi, No Sco

Post by derg »

I’ve already told SkilletDoux about this place, but Taco Papi in North Scottsdale is very interesting. Great salsas and the standard proteins, but the shop experiments a lot with tandoori, chicken tikka and paneer proteins in their tacos and burritos.

More of a taco stand that expanded into a restaurant space, taking place of a defunct Indian restaurant. I’m not really sure of the Indian connection, but give it a shot!

And of course, they have quesabirria as well.
Wilbur

Re: Taco Papi, No Sco

Post by Wilbur »

Motivated by Derg's post, and also late getting together with nothing much planned otherwise, the girls and I visited Taco Papi's to sample their stuff.

Unfortunately, by the time we arrived they had sold out of their Paneer tacos. Fortunately, we were able to order the Chicken Tikka Tacos on wheat tortillas. The "wheat tortillas" looked suspiciously like south Indian chapatis or roti Chennai rolled out thin, and they tasted very much like them, almost holding a generous portion of salty Chicken Tikka. The Chicken Tikka was a tender, juicy tandoori-style rather than in a marsala, and it was well worth the trip.
TP 00.jpg
TP 00.jpg (389.15 KiB) Viewed 87 times
I love both tacos and Indian food, so this was not a hard sell to me. They are hearty servings, and I would probably not comfortably eat more than three.

We also ordered some other tacos, given that they offer 10% off tacos on Tuesdays. The highlight of the traditional tacos was the Quesabirria, pictured here nestled up against the Chicken Tikka.
TP 02.jpg
TP 02.jpg (415.82 KiB) Viewed 87 times
And finally, Derg's recommendations regarding the pickles, salsas, and curry condiments was right on target. We found them to be excellent.
TP 03.jpg
TP 03.jpg (230.11 KiB) Viewed 87 times
The service was cheerful, helpful and personable, and the restaurant itself very pleasant. We will be making a return trip very shortly to try out the Paneer tacos.
Attachments
TP 01.jpg
TP 01.jpg (385.33 KiB) Viewed 87 times