Crudo - Italian-Inspired Crudi and Piatti

2015 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
BarbaraToombs

Post by BarbaraToombs » Thu May 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Every time I go here, I find more to love. Of course I don't need to mention the Pig's Ears. Could there be a better happy hour nosh? In fact, I love their happy hour in general.

But enough about happy hour. Chef Cullen Campbell continues to create (wow, a lot of alliteration there) spectacular food, day in, day out. Their brunch is killer (truffles shaved over perfectly cooked scrambled eggs topped with house-made burrata? SOOOO good!) Have never had anything sub-par here. The polenta boards...OMG. Crudi (of course). Squid Ink Risotto is da bomb. Homemade cheeses (ie, that burrata) out of this world.

So yeah. Great food. Great atmosphere. Great cocktails. Great staff. No reason at all this shouldn't get another FNA.

Main discussion thread:
Crudo

2014 nomination thread:

2013 nomination thread:
Crudo - Italian-Inspired Sashimi and Piatti

Crudo
http://www.crudoaz.com
3603 E. Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018
602-358-8666
M_L

Re: Crudo - Italian-Inspired Crudi and Piatti (Renewal)

Post by M_L » Fri May 15, 2015 9:11 am

I went here 4 times last month maybe 5. And their happy hour is fantastic. It is one of EH's favorite places which is funny because the first time we went she was lukewarm on it, thankfully she went with the FN ladies a few times after that and realized the error of her ways. So thanks for that gals. A+ all the way. One day you will be mine polenta board!
Last edited by M_L on Fri May 15, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BillBuitenhuys

Post by BillBuitenhuys » Fri May 15, 2015 11:16 am

Love everything about Crudo.
ScottofStrand

Post by ScottofStrand » Fri May 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Crudo and Bar Crudo are so great! I've had so many knockout dishes and drinks. Not to mention the staff is on point, friendly and knowledgeable. So, yeah +1!
Bax

Post by Bax » Fri May 15, 2015 9:15 pm

I have still never had dinner here (criminal, I KNOW) but I do happy hour from time to time. ADORE those amazing crispy pig ears, and the cocktails are fantastic (the happy hour cocktails are good but I usually can't resist upgrading to something from the regular menu -- love the Rebel's Son and tonight had the Milano Gimlet. Lovely!). If I could afford it I would be here ALL. THE. TIME.
NightBloom

Post by NightBloom » Sun May 17, 2015 11:10 am

A no-brainer! I'm here at least twice a week. Besides his undeniably delectable dinner service, chef Cullen is putting out the best breakfast in town. If you haven't tried brunch, join me any Sunday!
1431885880685-1732839235.jpg
Here and now :)
1431885880685-1732839235.jpg (63.82 KiB) Viewed 2471 times
CRISTEN :)
IG: oldtownfoodfanatic
chrislee

Post by chrislee » Sun May 17, 2015 11:40 pm

So we used to go to Crudo all the time back when it was in the Stephen Paul salon as it was so close to the house & back then it was pretty quiet early & we could sneak #theweelees in. It was pretty much their favorite place. They love crudo.

But for some reason, we just didn't seem to make it in there after the move. It just wasn't as convenient. Was a bit too fancy for post-ballet slob runs. And #mrlee was a bit too little to let him loose there.

This year, we got back once and that was it.

We love it as much as we ever had, if not more. Amazing brunches, wonderful inventive food that just seems different from so much of the great stuff we have here and...epic cocktails.

Ever since that 1st visit in the new place, it has not been hard to get back. It's like a tractor beam always pulling us in. Cocktails, pig ears, crudo, semolina gnocci, etc., etc.

One of my favorite places to send people as I think it's a bit different from most of the other wonderful farm to table options that we have here.

Definite yes for us!
AZLobo

Post by AZLobo » Tue May 19, 2015 11:09 pm

Good Lord, if my wife and I could eat at only one restaurant in the Valley this would be our pick.
MyLifeOnVacatio

Post by MyLifeOnVacatio » Thu May 21, 2015 12:28 pm

The cocktails, the brunch, the happy hour mozzarella & pigs ears, and oh, that polenta board deal on Wed nights. So many things keep me busy there we rarely eat actual dinner. This is another place I love to take out of town guests, as it always impresses.
Skillet Doux

Re: Crudo - Italian-Inspired Crudi and Piatti [Renewal]

Post by Skillet Doux » Sun May 24, 2015 3:15 am

Cullen has been killing it lately. It's really been a pleasure to watch his food get better, and better, and better.

Crudo is even more worthy now than it was when it first made the list. Renewal should be a formality.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
PHXeater

Post by PHXeater » Sun May 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Yup to everything already said! Let's get this place renewed! I love when Phoenix places can be really creative and innovative and still keep the place busy.
-- Liz
Lunchbox

Post by Lunchbox » Sun May 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Cocktails alone... +1
-- LBX

@zach_garcia

All photos taken before January 14th, 2013 were taken by a slightly broken Apple iPhone 4S.
All photos taken after January 15th, 2013 were taken by an Apple iPhone 5.
Skillet Doux

Re: Crudo - Italian-Inspired Crudi and Piatti

Post by Skillet Doux » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:42 am

Crudo has been named to the 2015 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com