Crêpe Bar - Creative Crêperie

2015 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
Lunchbox

Crêpe Bar - Creative Crêperie

Post by Lunchbox » Sun May 17, 2015 9:37 pm

I don't have a lot of time but I know the nominations are closing soon... Crepe Bar always puts out an awesome plate of food... Will post more tomorrow if I'm able.
-- LBX

@zach_garcia

All photos taken before January 14th, 2013 were taken by a slightly broken Apple iPhone 4S.
All photos taken after January 15th, 2013 were taken by an Apple iPhone 5.
Bax

Re: Crepe Bar - Renewal

Post by Bax » Sun May 17, 2015 9:52 pm

You beat me to it -- this was going to be my "renewal" nomination. If Crepe Bar was in Central Phx I would be there ALL. THE. TIME. As it is I don't get there nearly often enough, and it's almost always ridiculously busy when I go, but the food makes the wait and bustle worth it. That 13mi vegetable crepe -- seriously good.

I don't seem as lucky when it comes to free tastes as some of you, but on at least a couple of visits I've gotten a little dish of the granola and it's a winner -- sweet, crunchy, nutty with a surprise hit of salt. Have also been treated to little dessert bites -- tiny cookies with a wee bottle of milk, or little brownie bits. Delicious.

My biggest issue with eating at Crepe Bar is that I never have a big enough appetite to get all the things I want to. :)

Also -- as much as I love the Vietnamese-sauced chicken at Welcome C+D, Jeff Kraus's "Sonoran chicken" special was even better. The stuff of dreams. I don't know if that's points to W C+D or points to Crepe Bar...I'm gonna go with both. Ha!
chrislee

Post by chrislee » Mon May 18, 2015 12:09 am

Full, absolutely support or Crepe Bar.

Again one of those tough locations with all the kid activity craziness we face on weekends but every time we're there, we absolutely love it.

Beautiful, inventive, tasty food. Amazing coffee service. Wonderful people.

And if you ever see that Danish rose hot chocolate on the menu again, you absolutely must get it. Still dream about that on occasion.
M_L

Post by M_L » Mon May 18, 2015 6:59 am

Jeff is constantly improving what it is he does and working to find better ways to streamline his process. He has put together a great staff of dedicated and wonderful people. I think part of what makes CB so great is that they do a great job of treating everyone like they are an important customer. Providing those extra bites and little touches to round out the experience.

While their savory crepes are quite delicious it is still their dessert ones that absolutely blow me away. Just due to not making the time I do not get over here often as I would like but when I do I make EH get her own dessert because she will not be getting any of mine!

CB = FNA renewal as they are a big part of what we want to showcase.
putitonmytab

Post by putitonmytab » Mon May 18, 2015 7:19 am

This would have been my renewal nomination. I go to Crêpe Bar once a week. Good news- they're expanding. We should plan a Food Nerd lunch!
-Mandy
MyLifeOnVacatio

Post by MyLifeOnVacatio » Thu May 21, 2015 12:23 pm

You guys know I wholeheartedly support this nomination! There's always something new and exciting coming out of that tiny kitchen and I could not be more excited about the upcoming expansion! My recent faves are (still) the 13 Mile Crepe and the Toast with Avocado & Egg. Keep an eye on the little specials board up front for some of the really inventive stuff. Always a home run for me, and when I bring guests there. An absolute gem!
Mike Z

Re: Crepe Bar [Renewal]

Post by Mike Z » Sun May 24, 2015 3:11 pm

That granola . . . !?! I wanna know what it's laced with

I totally support this renom. I'm still trying to figure out in my head how this place is in south Tempe. Rural and Elliot really isn't worthy :)
Crossing my fingers and toes that the expansion into next door will bring an expansion of hours
BarbaraToombs

Re: Crepe Bar [Renewal]

Post by BarbaraToombs » Sun May 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Absolutely this needs a renewal!
Skillet Doux

Re: Crêpe Bar - Creative Crêperie

Post by Skillet Doux » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:42 am

Crêpe Bar has been named to the 2015 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com