Anything good at Westgate?

The Valley of the Sun, and all that is tasty therein
LaPan

Anything good at Westgate?

Post by LaPan »

Since I’m an hour away, I don’t head this far west for food. I’m going to see Rolling Stones on Tuesday and am wondering if there’s anything decent at westgate so if I go early to beat crowds there’d be a decent supper place.
Brownie Queen

Re: Anything good at Westgate?

Post by Brownie Queen »

I Like The Lola, general American, and Bodega ( Cuban). There's also a State 48 Brewery with food, and Bar Louie, a chain with decent food. If you want Mexican, Salt Tacos is supposed to be good, and there's also Sugar Factory.
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

Post by Skillet Doux »

Salt was one of the worst restaurants in the city when I was scouting it for a potential review, but that was a very long time ago. (Years.) I would definitely defer to more recent intel.

I haven’t been to the Westgate location, but Los Arbolitos de Cajeme is a very respectable midsize (maybe 15 locations?) mariscos chain out of Sonora. I hit their other Glendale location from time to time and I’ve always been very happy with it.
-Dom
exit2lef

Post by exit2lef »

I found myself at Westgate last night. Los Arbolitos de Cajeme looked good, but family had other ideas. We ate at the Lola, mentioned above. We started with some Buffalo cauliflower, and I had penne in vodka sauce. Both were well prepared, even it they can be found on countless menus all over town. There seemed to be a big emphasis on decor designed for people to take selfies in front of. Maybe if you're lucky, you can get one with Mick, Keith, and Ronnie. I wouldn't make a special trip to go back, but it proved a perfectly adequate when-in-Westgate option.

https://www.thelolaaz.com/
LaPan

Post by LaPan »

Oh well, gonna have to try those recommended when I’m not with a group. I mentioned a bunch of them but NakedQ was the vote. And it was just okay for me. With all the great bbq joints we have, this wouldn’t make the grade.
exit2lef

Post by exit2lef »

LaPan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:59 pm Oh well, gonna have to try those recommended when I’m not with a group. I mentioned a bunch of them but NakedQ was the vote. And it was just okay for me. With all the great bbq joints we have, this wouldn’t make the grade.
With apologies to the Stones,

… I said I know it's only NakedQ but I like it
I said I know it's only NakedQ but I like it, like it, yes, I do
Oh, well, I like it, yeah, I like it, I like it

I've only tried the Bell Road location, though.